What is a Profile?
A profile is your public listing on Vocabulary.com. Every user of Vocabulary.com receives a profile "page" where other members of the Vocabulary.com community can see limited information about you that you provide.
Your profile includes your:
- Nickname - How you want other people on Vocabulary.com to see you. If you appear on a public leaderboard on Vocabulary.com, we will use your nickname (instead of your real name). If you are a student, this can be almost anything by default we'll use your first name and the last initial of your last name. If you are a teacher, this should be something your students can identify, like "Ms. Smith". If you are under 13 years old, do not use your real name for your nickname.
- I am a Student / Educator - Let us (and others) know if you are a student or educator. If you self identify as an Educator, we'll change the user experience to focus on features of Vocabulary.com that are most useful to educators. Read more: Getting Started as a Teacher
- Shared Vocabulary Lists - All the shared vocabulary lists that you have created will be visible from your profile page.
- Achievement & Level Badges - Any achievements that you earn on Vocabulary.com (including your level badge) will be visible on your profile page. Note that any information about your actual vocabulary ability is private. All achievements on Vocabulary.com are effort-based, meaning that you earn them based on the amount of time and effort you put into learning. They are not awarded based on vocabulary knowledge or ability.
- Classes you are Teaching (Educators only) - If you chose to make a class public when you created it, it will be listed on your profile screen (for the duration of the class).
- School (Educators only) - If you are an educator, we may show your school affiliation on your profile page.
How do I change my profile?
You can edit your profile by going to the My Account page and clicking on the gray Edit button next to the My Profile heading.
How can I see what other people can see about me on Vocabulary.com?
It's easy, go to the My Account page and click on the gray View My Public Profile button next to the My Profile heading.
Note: Not all profile options are available to all users. If you are under 13 or are using an account provided by your school or district, certain fields listed above may not be available to you.
Note: Remember to keep it clean - if you include anything offensive or objectionable in your nickname, profile, comments, or public wordlists, we reserve the right to change it, anonymize it, or ban your account from using Vocabulary.com.