Vocabulary.com breaks users into 4 groups with varying levels of access:
- Play Vocabulary.com, master words
- View their progress
- View and learn lists created by other users
- Create lists
- Join classes and complete class assignments
- See class leaderboards for the classes they are in
- Appear on individual leaderboards
- Compete for their school in the Vocabulary Bowl (US & Canada only)
Teachers can also:
- Create classes
- Invite users to join their classes
- Assign vocabulary lists
- View reports and monitor student progress for every user in their class
Power Users can do everything that a teacher can do, and can also:
- Invite teachers to join a school's subscription.
- See school and district level reporting.
- See class reports for any class.
- See progress for any student in any class.
Administrators can do everything that power user can do, and can also:
- Invite power users
- Invite fellow administrators
- Remove users from the subscription
- Configure user authentication and single sign on
When an educator edition subscription is first created, a few users are selected as administrators. These admins can invite teachers, power users and additional administrators as needed.
Read more: Adding and Managing Users